Saturday, August 14, 2010

Deteriorating Services (or is it deteriorating money value?)

I was amused, and confused. In a span of 2 days, my money was rejected, or nearly so. Oh well, maybe it's too small a sum, I guess.

At a public toilet, I was given a "lecture" by the caretaker, when I pay with a few 5 sen coins. I was so surprised, I thought to myself "is it that the 5 sen coin had also been canceled, like the 1 sen?". Eventually, he was saying that it's hard for him to change, or something like that. I wasn't paying notice once I'm sure my 5 sens are still valid.

But afterwards, I gave the incident a deep thought. What the hell! What is wrong with paying with 5 sen? Is 5 sen not money? The fastfood chain are paying me those all the time, can I say no?

And another instance(which is quite normal nowadays)is when I pay with a RM50 note for a few ringgit of products. While I always try to avoid doing this, sometimes I just can't help that I do not have any small change. But when I pay, the attendant just totally reject the money, asking me to find some small change to pay him.

I really think the services sector should improve, and move away from this practice, as I think as a consumer, we deserved better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
孫邦柔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I just read your article and find it really great, so i could not stop myself to admire your writing skills, you really capture the readers and make them to read your stuff from very start till end.
Paultons Park Peppa Pig

Unknown said...

I appreciate the ideas and I would like to read more good stuff keep it up! This is very nice article and have great information.
Paultons

Sudoku Made Easy