Monday, August 11, 2008

Help teach the public to fill petrol tank?

I was amused when I read about a newspaper article with this same title. My first impression was, "wow, not bad! The government is teaching us method to fill petrol tank that can help us maximize our value of money". But after I read into the details, I found that is not the case at all! Maybe the recent petrol price increase has been over my mind all these while, that any news coming out from that industry, I will hope is to lessen the petrol burden of the people.

The news turn out to be that the petrol kiosk operators in Batu Pahat are asking the government to educate vehicle owner on the self service petrol filling system. Huh? Self service system not implemented 10 years ago meh? How come until today, the kiosk operator are still facing this problem? Have they forget all about the "Angkat, Tolak, Masuk and Picit"?

I'm aware that some of the petrol kiosk are not implementing the self service system because it eats up a lot of time. For one to walks over to counter, and then walks back to the car to pump petrol is a troublesome thing. And for those waiting in the line, they will feel "can't they just move faster?". So for this reason, some petrol kiosk still prefer to have an attendant, so that more customers can be attended more swiftly.

But now, these petrol kiosk are asking for education of the people from the government? I thought the government did their part. I've been pumping petrols with the self service system for the past 10 years, so how come it's again up to the government to do the education this time around?

And by the way, pumping petrol does not really require great skill. Just "Angkat, Tolak, Masuk and Picit", and done!

No comments:

Sudoku Made Easy